Cloud Challenges: Outsourced Storage and Content Management Technology
- Image Accessibility Latency of Telecommunications
- If an outsourced archive is the primary archive, retrieval time must meet user expectations
- The number of users and volume may impact communications latency if piggybacked on hospital’s communications infrastructure – may require dedicated communications line
- Balance between on-demand requests and those that can be managed by pre-fetch
- Telecommunications Cost
- Responsibility? Facility or part of Out-source agreement?
- Understand access requirements before considering communications options
- Storage and Telecommunications “Ownership”
- Out-sourcing Agreement should be clear on who owns support for storage and communications infrastructure
- Agreement should also be clear on who owns data (Facility)!