It is necessary for data to be migrated to a VNA for the VNA to be most effective within a healthcare institution. It is possible to add technology to achieve a higher level of coordinated search among multiple PACS archives and to provide more universal viewing solutions that span multiple archives. However, the full breadth and depth of benefits of a VNA truly requires migration of data.
Following, you can review a series of features that are considered to be key in executing an enterprise data migration. First, assure that your data migration vendor and their contractors apply a consultative methodology. Even if they can provide to you references of customer who had the same RIS/PACS and EMR environment as you, your institution is still unique. The other key elements all center around a common theme of understanding what data you have, a comprehensive knowledge of your HW and SW environment, and a full understanding and commitment from all of the key and associated vendors to complete the migration.
Components of an Easy Enterprise Data Migration Package
- Enterprise Consultative Methodology
- Feasibility and Pilot Test-Drive
- Data Integrity Landscape Report
- Assigned Project Manager throughout
- Rapid Direct DICOM Extraction
- Unique Multi-Threaded Migration Process
- Patented Reconciliation Automation
- Continuous Report Distribution
- Embedded Bandwidth Optimization
- Programmable Physician Sensitive Scheduling
- Assessment of all other data types in the institutions
For more information on data migration, contact TeraMedica: http://www.teramedica.com
To enroll in the VNA Institute of Technology, visit: http://www.vnait.org