The two major issues that a VNA addresses are:
- Scalability beyond a department level archive while also delivering true data integrity
- The capability to change PACS vendors without migrating or converting image data
This changes the role of the traditional PACS archive to one of a physician workflow engine. This engine is a transient, easily replaceable component that stores only those images that need to be available for a limited amount of time to the specific department.
- The traditional PACS becomes an easily replaceable component
- The VNA becomes the long-term, vendor neutral image manager
- The VNA becomes the vendor neutral image distribution source for all levels of users
For more information or to enroll in the VNA Institute of Technology, visit: http://www.vnait.org