Medical images are the largest and fastest growing component for enterprise storage in a healthcare system. The use of these images is critical to delivering quality care. The economics of image management will continue the drive for storage solutions. This will prove to be the impetus for better alternatives as existing PACS archive technologies are not sustainable as imaging grows … especially when you consider that digital camera and JPEG photographs are the fastest growing digital image type in healthcare.
- By 2015, 90% of all health IT storage will be for medical images
- EHR Mandate will include images by 2015
- Earlier is Better: Cost of re-ordered tests one of key cost drivers
- Current Economics of supporting, storing, disaster recovery, viewing and integrating PACS to other applications are unsustainable
- Current PACS Archive technology is unsustainable